Equinox Appointed Working at Height Contractor
The RZSS came to Equinox at the end of the summer 2011 with numerous problems and issues with essential high level and roofing maintenance. After several sites visits and meetings with the estates department from the RZSS, Equinox is now the preferred contractor for all working at height, roofing, lightning conductor and safety systems maintenance tasks.
Since our initial visit to site, we have now carried out various projects which include the following:
- A comprehensive site test & inspection of all lightning protection systems
- A comprehensive site test & inspection of all safety line systems & independent anchors
- Numerous net installations to animals enclosure areas
- All aspects of roofing maintenance
- Recoating of various structures and enclosures using industrial rope access
All of the tasks at Edinburgh zoo are carried out using various methods of access which include the use of MWEP’s combined with rope access personnel. Each task carried out at the zoo is done in a safe and cost effective manner. For each specific task, Equinox provides the client with a comprehensive job pack which includes the full scope of work, risk assessments, methods statements and all emergency contacts and rescue plans. No matter how small the task may be, we treat each task as non-generic and always apply our professional systems and procedures to every individual project.
The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland